Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reed's in LA

From Reed---Got to LA safely!  Time to SLEEP. When I got to the carousel, Belta and Marie were right there, conveniently! 

And got another report from him this evening---Today was really slow.  Everything starts tomorrow!

So a somewhat laconic report from my son.  Let's hope that he'll be a bit more eloquent when the competition starts.

As for me I spent most of the day with my brother and his family.  Did go visit an old classmate tonight.  One interesting thing was the local community museum curator is doing a presentation on Codington County lakes and the resorts and recreational facilities around them of which my father's Club 20 was one.  She wanted some pictures or anything else we might have.  I went to see her but she had gone to Del Rapids SD on museum business so I'll check in tomorrow.  I had put a video on YouTube years ago of some film footage that my aunt had taken of the old Ralph's Resort and of the Club when it was just built.  We'll see if she can use it.  Here it is.  I think my father is about 32 and watching the Friday Night Fights in the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment