Thursday, March 5, 2015

Ok so the Motel 6 I stayed at yesterday didn't have WIFI so I couldn't put the post up so you get a double dose today. Yesterday we took for Richmond and hit the Museum of the Confederacy which was Ok as we saw the Confederate White House along with it and had as our tour guide this cool ex-Sargent Major who gave a great tour of Jeff Davis' house. After we went to the Virginia Holocaust Museum which was much better than I was expecting and a very good presentation. Reed spent the night with his friend Marcel Crump. Got up this morning to bad weather reports so called Reed and got him over and we go out of Richmond about 10:45 and headed to cousin Ry's house in Reston - 2 hours away. It was raining, which turned to snow, which turned to a blizzard and we got to Ry's about 3 1/2 hours later and a lot of snow on the ground. There were times I was more than just a little apprehensive as the weather wasn't getting any better and the temp was forecast to plummet in the afternoon and evening. But we did make it and we're warm and safe. I'll put some pics up when I have more time so check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment