Friday, June 21, 2013

Got up early to come to the basketball camp at one of reed's possible schools, Warner University in Lake Wales FL. Leaving the motel I found out how out of it I was as I new I had to drive north to get on I4 but didn't realize I was going south until figured out the sun does not rise in the west. Got to Warner a little before 8. Talked to Admissions. One of the Admissions people Pairris was particularly helpful. Reed filled out an admissions form. Gave Pairris a cd. She said it was the first time any prospective student had done that. After talked to the soccer coach Fabio. Pairris had also lined us up to take a tour of a facility they call HEART. It's a place to teach students about 3rd world problems, etc. Pretty cool place. We had a good time and gave them a cd. Matthew McConaughey's twin brother works there. After went to downtown Lake Wales, visited some thrift stores, hit the town Library where we met a librarian who long ago lived in Rapid City, had some lunch and back to Warner. Library was open so we hit there. Still a few hours until the camp starts. Mom sent Reed a scan of the PDN article. Here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment