Friday, October 17, 2014

Well it's been about 24 hours since I got out of the OR. Haven't slept much but snoozed a lot. Have to wear a neck brace but my neck seems to be longer than the brace so I'm not sure how much it's bracing. Dr Ver was here yesterday and will come again this afternoon to check me out. I may ask him to stay one more day. We'll see. The neck is still pretty tight. After he was here the first time I sent this out to Reed and Ry: Thanks for the thoughts. Dr Ver was just here and showed me pic of the procedure and told me I might be the only guy with 5 fused verts (8 fuses) using that procedure. I'm evidently medical history. Also showed me where he broke 3 chisels trying to separate the bones. See drinking all that milk was good for something. I'll try to get him to give me the pics. And I*'ll see if I can put a couple of the pics on the blog. When his boys came to check my incisions this morning they checked my hip and told me he'd taken a bone graft from there. It hadn't hurt and I didn't even know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment