Thursday, November 26, 2015

The Great Thanksgiving Adventure

So I go over to the Brentwood Golf Course yesterday but they're kinda busy and I love to wait around to play. I did shoot a small bucket of balls on the range and asked the pro if they were open Thanksgiving Day. He said no and was sorry cuz they could probably make good money but they would be open Friday. Laughingly asked him if there was any way to sneak on the course tomorrow and he said no and that he had already tried. Aha!! a challenge. So I drove around looking for ways to sneak on the course as it is pretty completely fenced off. BUT!!..... THE RAILROAD!!! Parked at the shopping center next to the railroad. Walked about half a mile down the track to that overpass between holes 1 and 2. Saw there was an easy access at the 2 side of the overpass. Picked up about 50 balls along the fence on the 6th fairway. Tossed most of them over the fence near the 4th tee. Put the rest in my pocket and headed back the half mile to the car. I was bleeding a bit from trying to take a ball away from a thistle bush but little worse for wear. Today I managed to drive about half way to my access point which meant I only had to walk about a quarter mile. Everything went fine as I played the back 4 twice. First time I was 2 over on every hole. Second time a little better and, of course, I was the only one there. Did manage to retrieve my balls from yesterday and got back home about 11 am none the worst for wear. I had visions of hurting myself and having to call 911 for help embarrassingly but everything went fine. Henceforth this shall be The Great Thanksgiving Adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment