Tuesday, June 25, 2024

PREFACE--THE ADVENTURE IN MY DEATH

As I begin writing this I'm 73 years old, just moved to Danville, NH from Jacksonville, FL to live wih my brother, and have a diagnosis of Metastatic Plural Cacinoma.  When I was talking to my brother about coming to live with him and how I was not excited about winters in NH his reply was "Heck, i'm not even sire you're going to make the winter.".`


Herb is a retired doctor and a Buddist. His experiences have not left him with a kean sense of humor or really any sense of humor but I did appreciate that line that ended the last paragraph.. Bravo Herby.


Contiuing, I'm an old school teacher, librarian, jock, kinda divorced from a Russian wife.  I have a step-daughter who's in IT  and a son who tends bar in NYC while he waits for his big break and he is talented so I've no doubt it will eventually come.  (I've told him he's my only hope of getting into Wikipedia as his father.)


I grew up in SDak.  Played baseball and football at Black Hills State.  Taught on Guam, in Venezuela, Turkey, and the Isle of Wight, UK. Always beeneen a clean liver and, though I've had a great time, given the opportunity, I might have asked THE UNIVERSE for just a little more time to throw a few more baseballs down in Ft. Myers.  But that's another story.


As for this story, this is going to be my last big adventure.  Everybody has to do it and it doesn't end well ... or maybe it does.  We won't know till the light and the tunnel, or St Peter at the Gates, or maybe some guy with a tail saying "Bend over rookie!!"  Seriously, I really hope it's not that last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment