Monday, July 7, 2014

So I left Ry's about 7:30 headed for Gainesville and Taj, the guy who sold me the car. The Key was stuck in the ignition and we were told it could be a major problem with the transmission. It's the transmission that tells the ignition that it's in park and to let go of the key. Taj had told us that his shop had overhauled the transmission for this lady and then she couldn't pay so they took the car and paid her the difference. We met him at his transmission shop and did all the stuff with the car there. I was supposed to meet him there Monday morning and we were going to discuss the problem. When I got there the place was busy. I went inside and asked for Taj and the old man said there was no Taj there. I explained the situation and it was then that I found that yes they knew Taj, probably the biggest hustler in town. Always got a scam and an angle going. No he didn't own the shop nor 6 (or was it 9) tow trucks. He liked to sell his cars on weekends and holidays as then he could pretend that the facilities were his. After I explained everything to the old man and his son they couldn't have been nicer to me. Almost like Taj was the ne'er-do-well member of the family and they were going out of their way to help me out. They looked at my transmission and decided they couldn't fix it easily. They did look over the car and decided that it was probably worth what I paid for it and it wasn't in such bad shape. They had seen it when Taj first got it and the right side was all ripped up and it had evidently side swiped something. Great guys. I'll take my car to them even though it's 90 miles out of the way. For some reason I found the idea of me being conned hilarious. I was laughing the whole time. He was good. After I headed to Harrisonburg and found a place to stay. Roommates with Steve, Joann and Michael. $375/mo. Walmart and Subway within walking distance. Mary Sue the landlady is a good woman. Then went to DMV to register the car. They found a whole bunch more things about Taj's business habits including claiming he was a dealer, and that I had bought the car, in some town in Massachusetts. It took a while with DMV as you could imagine but I finally got my tags and paid my money. After that then I went over to the Ford dealership, explained my situation, and they gave me a key to lock the doors with for a grand total of $5. They were great too. After went to Best Buy and then to Staples to buy this laptop that I'm using to type this for $315. Also Home Depot for screws to put my plates on and home and bed==sometime. Long--but interesting--day.

No comments:

Post a Comment